Building social cohesion and livelihood opportunities in returnee populations of Hamdaniya and Telkaif districts, Ninewa, Iraq
Donor/Partner: Malteser International
Place: Ninewa, Hamdaniyah
Overall Goal: Project goal is to build social cohesion and livelihood opportunities in the communities of Hamdaniya and Telkaif districts.
Beneficiaries will be members of all ethno-religious groups living in the target areas (Yezidi, Shabak, Christians, Sunni Arabs, Kurds, Kakai). WRO will ensure fair participation of women to the program (at least 50%).
- Social cohesion in target locations in Hamdaniya and Telkaif districts is increased and strengthen.
- Livelihood opportunities and households’ self-sufficiency in the selected communities of Hamdaniya and Telkaif district increased.
- Intensive peace-building and social cohesion trainings for community members from different ethno-religious groups and youth
- Social Cohesion and Dialogue Workshops for 400 community members and youth
- Community-based joint social cohesion activities
- Vocational training for women & men
- Employability and Business skills training.
Community members and youth trained on social cohesion, peace building,
and conflict resolution.
Community members and youth from ethno-religious groups participated in Peer to Peer Dialogue Workshops and Tea Group Sessions
Community members and youth from ethno-religious groups participated in Social Cohesion Community Activities
Women and Men and Youth, participated in Economic Empowerment and Social Cohesion VTC Activities and Employability Skills Trainings